Can you change your workers’ comp doctor?

An employee who has been injured may petition the Industrial Commission for permission to change doctors or approve a doctor chosen by the employee when there is a valid reason to do so.

Requesting a change of doctors to treat your work-related injury can lead to a dispute with your employer or the insurance company overseeing the workers’ compensation claim. You may need the help of a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer to advocate on your behalf and help you present a persuasive case to the Industrial Commission to order a change of physicians. Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., has attorneys who are Board-Certified Specialists in North Carolina workers’ compensation law, a distinction held by only a small portion of attorneys in the state.

About the Author