Apex Personal Injury Lawyers
Are you still out of work as a result of a serious car accident in Apex or a workplace accident? Are you struggling to pay your bills and getting nowhere in trying to deal with the other driver’s insurance company? Our experienced injury attorneys may be able to help you pursue compensation if your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence or disregard for safety.
The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., concentrate on providing friendly, attentive service to clients. We will discuss your goals in a relaxed setting and develop a legal strategy to help you move forward. We seek a favorable outcome for each client, whether that involves overturning a workers’ compensation claim denial, negotiating a fair accident settlement or seeking justice in a Wake County courtroom. Our diverse legal team includes members who speak Spanish and English. We can discuss your legal matters in the language in which you are most comfortable.
Whether your accident took place in Apex or elsewhere in the Triangle, our personal injury attorneys are available to review your case and discuss your concerns. The claim review and consultation are free and without obligation.
What Types of Cases Do Our Apex Attorneys Handle?
At Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., our personal injury lawyers represent people in Apex, Cary, Morrisville and throughout the Triangle who have suffered significant injuries in traffic accidents and other kinds of accidents caused by others’ negligence or disregard for safety. Our legal team also helps disabled people who have a medically diagnosed disability pursue Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. Our family law attorneys assist individuals who have arrived at the difficult decision to end a marriage as well as those trying to settle child custody issues, spousal support issues or other domestic law matters.
- Personal Injury — If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in Apex, the compensation available to you will depend on a variety of factors including the seriousness of your injuries, whether you were partially at fault and the insurance policies available to pay compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., represent accident victims in Apex and across Wake and Durham counties. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an Apex injury attorney to clarify your legal options. A no-obligation consultation with an Apex personal injury attorney will help you make better informed decisions on a foundation of understanding.
- Workers’ Compensation — If you have been injured while performing your job duties, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is a mandatory employer-paid insurance program that covers medical care and a portion of lost wages for employees injured while on the job. Most employers in North Carolina are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. A key question that our Apex workers’ comp attorney can help you determine is whether your employment status qualifies you for workers’ compensation coverage.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — If you have been severely injured in a car accident or motorcycle crash, your life may be upside down right now. You may have a stack of overdue medical bills and no income to pay your expenses. If another driver’s recklessness, inattention or disregard for safety caused your injuries, then you may have a legal right to make a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. But if you try to settle the claim with the other driver’s insurance company on your own, you will be at a disadvantage. Insurance companies try to pay the least amount they can to settle claims. Most people have no way of knowing what their car accident case is worth. Our Apex injury lawyers can negotiate with the insurance company and prevent the insurer from taking advantage of your unfamiliarity with the claims process. We will handle the legal issues so that you can focus on your health. Let our Apex car accident attorneys review the specifics of your accident and outline how we can help.
- Social Security Disability — The process of seeking Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits can be frustratingly long and complicated. You may qualify for disability benefits if you have worked enough years, contributed to the Social Security system and you have a medically diagnosed disability that meets the federal government’s strict definition of disability. Our Apex SSD attorneys understand the types of medical evidence disability reviewers seek in order to award disability benefits. Our Apex disability lawyers can lead you through the appeals process and help you gather evidence and present the strongest case for disability benefits.
- Family Law — Our family law attorneys devote their full legal practice to this complex area of North Carolina law. Our compassionate attorneys understand you are going through an extremely unsettling time if you are considering separation and divorce. Many individuals going through a divorce are focused on one or two primary issues such as child custody or support. Our knowledgeable Apex divorce attorneys can help you see the big picture and consider all the legal and financial issues related to the dissolution of a marriage. We offer guidance based on experience. We will stand beside you throughout this difficult transition and help you pursue the outcome you desire. Consultations with an Apex family law attorney range from $200 to $250 per hour.
- Wrongful Death — If you have suffered the unexpected loss of a loved one in an accident, the loss is even more difficult to bear if it was caused by someone’s else carelessness or disregard for safety. At such a difficult time, you need trusted legal guidance from an attorney who will listen carefully to your concerns and provide personalized attention. Our Apex accidental death attorneys will analyze the facts and circumstances of your loved one’s death. We will explain your legal options and whether you are entitled to file a wrongful death claim. The goal of a wrongful death lawsuit is to provide compensation to a family after the loss of a close loved one such as a spouse or child. While no sum of money can ever replace your loved one, a settlement can pay medical bills and funeral expenses and help a family reach closure after a loss. North Carolina law permits certain relatives who are closely related to the person who was killed to bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
Apex Court Information
Lawsuits asking for compensation for serious personal injuries from accidents involving carelessness or negligence in Apex are tried in Wake County Superior Court. Personal injury lawsuits are considered to be civil matters. When the amount of damages at issue is more than $25,000, the civil case is heard in Superior Court in North Carolina.
The address is:
Wake County Superior Court Clerk
Wake County Courthouse
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Wake County Family Court hears petitions for divorce and other domestic law matters for residents of Apex, Cary, Morrisville and other Wake County communities. Wake County Family court is a division of Wake County District Court.
The Wake County Family Court is on the 11th floor of the Wake County Courthouse. The Wake Family Court operates from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The address is:
Family Court Administrator
Wake County Courthouse, 11th Floor
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Apex workers’ Comp Attorney
If you were injured in a workplace accident in Apex, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance should cover your medical bills. Are you concerned that your employer may be among those businesses in North Carolina not required to provide carry workers’ compensation? Use our simple tool to access the Industrial Commission’s database and look up your employer to find out whether the business has workers’ compensation insurance. If you have been told that you are not eligible for workers’ compensation benefits due to your employment status or that your claim has been turned down, then you should speak with a knowledgeable Apex workers’ comp attorney. A free consultation with one of our knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys is a good way to clarify your legal options and the benefits available to you.
Many workers who have legitimate on-the-job injuries receive denial notices when they apply for workers’ compensation benefits. Among the common reasons for disputed workers’ comp claim are a workers’ employment status, lack of timely notification of the injury, lack of causation and acting outside the scope of employment.
There are numerous steps involved in appealing a denied work injury claim. Pursuing an appeal involves gathering and presenting medical evidence, keeping track of deadlines and appearing before a judge. Successfully appealing a denied workers’ compensation claim in North Carolina requires a determined attorney who knows the complicated appeals process and the type of persuasive evidence needed to back your claim.
Our lawyers at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., have an outstanding record of helping injured workers in Apex and across the Triangle successfully pursue workers’ compensation benefits. Attorneys Robert C. “Chip” Younce Jr. and David E. Vtipil are board certified specialists in North Carolina worker compensation law. Only a small percentage of attorneys in North Carolina have attained board certification as workers’ compensation specialists. Attaining the designation requires additional training and passing an exam specific to this area of law.
We are ready to use our experience and knowledge of workers’ compensation law to help injured workers in Apex pursue full benefits. Contact an Apex workers’ comp lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., for a free claim review and explanation of your legal rights.
Contact Our Apex, NC Injury Lawyers
Whether you reside in Apex or another area of the Triangle, the compassionate attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., are available to discuss your specific legal matters, answer your questions and provide legal representation to help you get your life back on track. We understand you are going through a difficult time. Otherwise, you would not be considering seeking legal assistance. Contact us today to discuss your situation directly with a caring attorney. The claim review and initial consultation are free and without obligation.