Personal Injury Attorneys in Durham, NC
If you have sustained a serious injury in an accident in Durham or elsewhere in the Triangle, you may be unable to work. You may have medical bills and be feeling financial stress. But you may be unsure where to turn for help. You need reliable legal assistance from a strong and compassionate attorney who will listen carefully to you. You need a steadfast attorney who will stand up for your rights, so you can move forward with your life.
The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., focus on personalized client service. We care about our clients’ recovery and their future financial stability. We will discuss your goals and develop a plan to help you move forward. We seek a positive outcome for each client we serve, whether that involves obtaining full workers’ compensation or disability benefits, negotiating a fair personal injury claim settlement or pursuing justice in a Durham County courtroom. Our legal team includes members who speak Spanish and English, so we can discuss your legal questions in the language in which you communicate most effectively.
Whether your injury occurred in Durham or elsewhere in North Carolina, our attorneys are ready to review your case and address your specific questions. The claim review and consultation are free and without obligation.
What Types of Cases Do Our Durham Lawyers Handle?
Our personal injury lawyers represent people in Durham who have sustained serious injuries in car accidents and other accidents caused by others’ disregard for safety. We also help people who have a medically diagnosed disability seek Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. Our family law attorneys represent people who have made the difficult decision to end a marriage and are filing for divorce, trying to resolve child custody issues or dealing with other family law matters.
- Personal Injury — Each personal injury accident has a unique set of facts. The compensation available for the accident victim depends on multiple factors including the severity of the injury and the insurance policies available to provide compensation. The personal injury attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., represent accident victims in Durham and throughout the Triangle. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an attorney to understand your legal options. A free consultation with our Durham personal injury attorney will help you make informed decisions with your future in mind.
- Workers’ Compensation — If you have been injured on the job in Durham or while performing your job duties, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is an employer-paid insurance program that covers medical care and a portion of lost wages for employees injured on the job. The legal team at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., includes two attorneys who have special training in this area of law and are Board Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — A serious injury from a car accident or motorcycle accident can disrupt your life and leave you with a stack of medical bills and reduced income to pay your bills. If your injuries were caused by another driver’s carelessness or disregard for safety, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance. But you will be at a decided disadvantage if you try to deal with the other driver’s insurance company on your own. Insurance companies are motivated to pay the least amount they can in settlements. Our Durham accident lawyers can deal with the insurance company and take care of the legal issues while you focus on regaining your health. Let our attorneys review the specifics of your car accident and explain how we can help.
- Wrongful Death — If you have lost a loved one unexpectedly, you need a steadfast and compassionate attorney who will listen to your concerns and answer your questions. Our Durham accidental death attorneys will review the details of your loved one’s death and discuss whether you have a right to file a wrongful death claim. The intent of a wrongful death lawsuit is to compensate a family for the loss. No amount of compensation will replace your loved one. But compensation can provide financial security for a family and help pay medical bills and funeral expenses. North Carolina law allows certain relatives closely related to the person who died to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Social Security Disability — The process for seeking Social Security Disability benefits can be complicated and frustrating. You may be eligible for disability payments if you have worked enough years and you have a diagnosed disability that meets the Social Security Administration’s definition of disability. Our Durham disability attorneys understand the types of information needed to obtain a favorable outcome. We can guide you through the application and appeals process one-on-one and help gather the medical documentation and work history records needed to build the strongest possible case for SSD benefits.
- Family Law — Our attorneys who practice family law focus their entire practice in this complicated area of North Carolina law. Our compassionate Durham family law attorneys help clients with matters such as separation, divorce, custody and support. Our experienced attorneys can make sure you consider all the legal and financial issues related to the dissolution of a marriage, in addition to the ones foremost on your mind. We strive to help you through this difficult period so you can achieve the outcome you desire. Family law consultations range from $200 to $250 per hour.
How Our Durham Attorneys Assist Clients
The attorney you select should have years of experience handling the type of legal issue you are facing. Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., is a highly regarded law firm with the experience and resources to take on legal adversaries of all sizes. The Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory has rated Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A.’s legal ability at the highest level of professional excellence. Our attorneys will always be honest with you about your case, even if the information we have to share is not what you wish to hear. We use state-of-the-art case management tools to ensure that each case receives all the attention it deserves.
In most cases, we are successful in reaching a fair settlement for our clients through negotiations. Our thorough preparation and legal experience allows us to approach most negotiations from a position of strength. A settlement allows our client to receive compensation more quickly and avoid the uncertainty of a trial. If an insurance company refuses to do what is right, however, we are ready to take a case to trial if it is in our client’s best interest.
Personal injury lawsuits seeking compensation for serious injuries from accidents in Durham are filed in Durham County Superior Court. Personal injury lawsuits are civil lawsuits. In North Carolina, civil lawsuits in which the amount in dispute is more than $25,000 are tried in Superior Court.
The address is:
Durham County Superior Court Clerk
Durham County Courthouse
510 South Dillard Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701
Family law matters in Durham are heard in the Durham County Family Court, which is part of the District Court. The Family Court hears matters involving divorce, alimony, equitable distribution of marital property, child custody, child support, domestic violence and other family related matters.
Durham County is one of the North Carolina counties that has a specialized court for domestic issues. The seven judges in Durham who hear these issues have special training in family law.
The address of the Family Court office is:
Family Court Administrator
Durham County Courthouse
510 South Dillard Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701
Durham, NC Disability Lawyers
If a doctor has diagnosed you with a disabling condition that prevents you from working and your application for Social Security Disability benefits has been denied, let our SSD attorneys review your claim. Many valid disability claims are initially turned down and should be appealed. Many are denied for technical reasons such as insufficient medical information or an incomplete work history. An attorney familiar with the Social Security Disability appeals process can review your claim and offer guidance on the steps to take.
The location of the Social Security office in Durham is:
Social Security Administration Office
3511 Shannon Road
Durham, NC 27707
Our experienced disability attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., can appeal the denial of your claim, gather additional medical evidence of your disability, represent you at a hearing and pursue the benefits provided by law. The Social Security Administration’s strict definition of a disability requires that SSD recipients have a medically diagnosed disability that will keep you from working for at least 12 months or you must have a terminal condition.
Many North Carolinians who challenge an initial denial and persevere through the appeals process with the guidance of a determined lawyer do eventually receive disability benefits.
Contact Our Durham, NC Injury Lawyers
Our knowledgeable injury attorneys will review the details of your injury or disability and discuss the steps you may take to move forward. We know you are going through a difficult time. If possible, we want to provide steadfast legal representation and help ease your burden. Call to discuss your situation with an attorney.