Attorneys in Chapel Hill and Carrboro
Are you having difficulty with an insurance claim after sustaining serious injuries in a Chapel Hill car accident caused by another motorist on Highway 54, Interstate 40 or US 15-501? Did you get injured in a pedestrian accident on Franklin Street? Did you get hurt on the job and are having trouble claiming workers’ compensation benefits or social security disability benefits? Are you stressed out by accumulating medical bills and wondering how to move forward? The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., represent individuals in Chapel Hill and Carrboro who have been seriously injured in motor vehicles accidents or workplace accidents who need legal help.
Our injury attorneys offer friendly, attentive legal representation to clients in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and throughout Orange County and the Triangle. We will take the time to understand your concerns and your goals going forward. Then our attorneys will devise a legal strategy designed to address your needs. We work to achieve a favorable outcome for each client, whether that involves negotiating a favorable insurance settlement after a Chapel Hill car accident, helping an injured worker obtain workers’ compensation, or demanding justice in an Orange County courtroom. Our legal team includes lawyers and staff who speak Spanish and English. We can address your questions in the language that you are most comfortable talking about complicated legal matters.
Whether you sustained an injury in Chapel Hill, Carrboro or elsewhere in Orange County, our dedicated attorneys are here to help. Call Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., to schedule a free consultation.
What Types of Cases Do Our Chapel Hill Attorneys Handle?
Our attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., focus our legal practice on helping people regain financial stability and rebuild their lives after serious motor vehicle accidents and workplace accidents. Our law firm also helps Orange County residents seek Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and appeal denied claims. Our family law attorneys help clients navigate the many issues involved in ending a marriage.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — A serious car accident or pedestrian accident in Chapel Hill or Carrboro can leave you unable to work for an extended time and facing accumulating medical bills. If a motorist’s distracted driving, impaired driving or disregard for safety caused your injuries, you may have a right to make a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. You may seek to recover compensation for your medical expenses and other injury-related losses. But dealing with the at-fault driver’s insurance on your own puts you at a big disadvantage. The insurance company will try to pay as little as possible and may dismiss your claim. An experienced Chapel Hill car accident attorney can help you determine the fair value of your claim, including future losses if you need ongoing medical care. Our determined attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., have decades of experience handling car accident injury claims. Let our Chapel Hill attorneys deal with the insurer on your behalf while you focus on your recovery. The insurance company will have lawyers protecting its interests, and you should too. Don’t delay in contacting a Chapel Hill car crash lawyer for help.
- Personal Injury — A personal injury accident can disrupt your life and leave you unable to work and pay your bills. You may be uncertain how to move forward. If you have suffered a serious injury due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. The amount that you may recover will depend on multiple factors including the severity of your injuries and the insurance policies available to pay compensation. The Chapel Hill injury attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., offer personalized legal representation to accident victims in Orange County and throughout the Triangle. If you have been harmed by someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you should have an experienced Chapel Hill injury lawyer review your injury and discuss whether you have a valid claim. Schedule a free consultation with an attorney at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., to review your accident and understand your legal options.
- Social Security Disability — If you have received a rejection letter after filing for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, then you should speak with a knowledgeable SSDI attorney about appealing the denial. Many people who submit valid claims for disability benefits receive rejection letters. If you have received a denial letter, you should have us review it and discuss your options. Our Chapel Hill SSD attorneys understand the types of medical documentation and work history information that the Social Security Administration looks for to approve disability benefits. Our Chapel Hill disability benefits attorneys can help you gather employment information and medical documents to build the strongest case for benefits. In some instances, it can be helpful to get a second medical opinion regarding your disability. You may qualify for SSDI benefits if you have worked enough years and contributed to the Social Security system and you are unable to work as a result of a medically diagnosed disability.
- Family Law — Our Chapel Hill family law attorneys focus on helping individuals work through the many issues that arise related to separation, divorce, child custody and child support. Our compassionate attorneys recognize that you are going through a difficult and unsettling time and you need trusted guidance to help you transition to a better place in your life. Our divorce attorneys use our years of experience to help clients take into account all the financial consequences and legal aspects of dissolving a marriage. Our domestic law attorneys help individuals in Chapel Hill and Carrboro with matters including separation agreements, divorce petitions, spousal support, child custody and other issues. Consultations with our Chapel Hill-Carrboro family law attorneys range from $200 to $250 per hour.
- Wrongful Death — If you have had a loved one killed in an accident as a result of another’s carelessness or misconduct, you need a steadfast Chapel Hill lawyer who can offer guidance. Our Chapel Hill wrongful death attorneys will analyze the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death. We will discuss whether a wrongful death lawsuit may be a suitable option for your family based on the specific circumstances. While no amount of money can replace your loved one, a wrongful death lawsuit can provide compensation that covers medical bills and funeral expenses and helps provide financial security. North Carolina law allows certain near relatives of a wrongful death victim to pursue a civil lawsuit seeking compensation.
Chapel Hill Court Information
People who sustain serious injuries in car crashes, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and other types of accidents in Chapel Hill or Carrboro caused by others’ negligence may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit and demand compensation from the at-fault party.
Personal injury lawsuits are filed in Orange County Superior Court. Superior court is the trial court that handles civil lawsuits in which the amount of money at issue is more than $25,000.
Orange County District Court handles civil cases involving small claims and smaller amounts of money in dispute. A magistrate presides in small claims courts.
The address is:
Orange County Clerk of Superior Court
Orange County Courthouse
106 E. Margaret Lane
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Chapel Hill Workers’ Compensation Attorney
If you were injured in a work accident in Chapel Hill, Carrboro or elsewhere in Orange County, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance should cover your medical care and provide other benefits, in most instances. Most businesses in North Carolina with three or more employees are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
If you have been told that you do not qualify for workers’ compensation benefits due to your employment status, then you should talk with a knowledgeable Chapel Hill worker’s compensation attorney at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A.
Our attorneys have a strong record of helping injured workers in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and across the Triangle obtain workers’ compensation benefits. Attorneys Robert C. “Chip” Younce Jr. and David E. Vtipil are board-certified specialists in North Carolina workers’ compensation law. Only a small percentage of lawyers in North Carolina are recognized by the N.C State Bar as certified workers’ compensation specialists. Attaining the designation requires receiving additional legal training and passing a special test on workers’ compensation law.
Many workers who experience on-the-job injuries are denied benefits when they initially apply for benefits. Among the common reasons cited by claims administrators for the denials are lack of causation, lack of timely notification of the injury, and the workers’ employment status. Having a knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorney handle your workers’ compensation appeal improves your chances of success. Our Carrboro workers’ comp attorneys understand workers’ compensation law and we can explain your legal options during a free consultation. We are committed to helping injured workers.
Contact a Chapel worker’s compensation lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., for a free review of your injury claim and explanation of your legal rights.
Contact Our Chapel Hill Injury Attorneys
Whether you reside in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro or elsewhere in North Carolina, the attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., are ready to provide skilled legal representation to help you move forward with your life. From our offices in Raleigh, Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., serves clients in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, Cary, Apex and other communities across the Triangle.
We understand that you and your loved ones are struggling and experiencing financial stress as the result of a serious injury. Call today to discuss your situation with a compassionate Chapel Hill personal injury attorney. We will review the specific factors that contributed to your injury and explain your legal options for pursuing compensation. Our initial review of your claim is offered free and without obligation.