Personal Injury Attorneys in Wilson, NC
Were you hurt in an accident in Wilson, North Carolina? Did someone else’s carelessness or negligence cause you to suffer severe injuries? If so, you may have the right to take legal action and demand compensation for your injuries and expenses related to the injury. The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A. are ready to review your accident and offer experienced and compassionate legal counsel.
If you or someone you care about has been injured or killed in a Wilson car accident because of a reckless or negligent driver, you have every right to feel scared, frustrated, and confused. You may be feeling overwhelmed by unexpected medical bills and treatment costs. If you are no longer able to work because of your injuries, you could be under serious financial stress.
At Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., we want you to know that you do not have to face this challenging situation alone. Our dedicated Wilson personal injury attorneys will do everything in our power to help you seek full compensation for your losses and rebuild your life. You can be assured that we will work to hold every responsible party accountable for their reckless or negligent actions
Our diverse legal team includes lawyers who can speak both Spanish and English. No matter what language you speak, our attorneys are committed to providing attentive legal service. To discuss your rights and legal options, contact a Wilson personal injury lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., for a free evaluation of your case.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
Seeking legal assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and what you can reasonably expect to receive if you have a valid injury claim.
At Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., our personal injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge needed to investigate your accident, determine who is responsible and gather evidence to support your claim. We will gather your medical records and determine the fair value of your claim. Then we will negotiate with the insurance company for full and fair compensation for you.
Our attorneys recognize that the primary motivation of insurance companies is to limit their liability and pay the least amount possible to settle any claim. We are experienced negotiators and won’t allow an insurance company to walk away from its responsibility. With the majority of personal injury cases, our attorneys are successful in obtaining a settlement without having to take a case to trial. However, if an insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we are prepared to pursue justice in court and will present your case to a Wilson County jury.
Our knowledgeable attorneys will keep you informed through every step of the negotiation and litigation process. We are dedicated to providing you with the care and personal attention you deserve.
What kinds of personal injury cases do our Wilson attorneys handle?
Our team has extensive experience in representing clients who have sustained severe injuries because of another party’s reckless or negligent behavior. These injuries result from a wide range of circumstances. The types of personal injury cases that our Wilson personal injury lawyers handle include:
- Car accidents – If you’ve been involved in a serious car wreck, you know first-hand how devastating the aftermath can be — especially if you have to cope with a disabling injury or the loss of a loved one. Insurance companies frequently try to take advantage of the situation by offering as little as possible to the accident victim to settle a claim. This is why you need an experienced Wilson car crash lawyer to handle your case. A significant portion of the cases we handle involve car crash injuries.
- Truck accidents – A commercial truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, which is 20 to 30 times the weight of a passenger vehicle. Because of the weight and size of 18-wheeler trucks, accidents involving them can be especially destructive. Commercial truck companies are equipped with aggressive legal teams to help them avoid as much accountability as possible after a truck accident. Don’t let a trucking company take advantage of you. Seek legal advice from a skilled Wilson truck accident attorney.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists have little protection in the event of an accident and often sustain serious injuries in accidents caused by other motorists. Insurance companies often cite the dangers of motorcycles as an excuse to deny fair compensation to injured motorcyclists after a motorcycle accident. Our skilled Wilson motorcycle injury attorneys know what to do to help you seek full compensation after a crash that was caused by another driver.
- Slip and fall – Property owners have a responsibility to protect visitors, guests, and patrons from undue harm. If a property owner fails to maintain a business or residence in reasonably safe condition and warn of any known hazards, then innocent people may suffer severe injuries. The law allows you to hold negligent property owners accountable for injuries due to a property owner’s disregard for safety. A Wilson slip and fall injury lawyer can review the details of your accident at no charge and discuss whether you have a valid slip-and-fall claim.
- Pharmaceutical injuries – Did a defective drug cause you or a loved one harm? If so, you have the right to seek compensation if the manufacturer failed to adequately warn you of dangerous side effects. Let our experienced defective prescription drug attorneys help you get justice.
- Product liability – As consumers, we count on the products we buy to be safe for use. When a product is defectively designed or manufactured, or if the seller did not provide adequate safety instructions, you could be eligible to take legal action to recover compensation for your injuries or injuries to your loved ones.
- Dog bites – When a dog bites you, you may suffer both physical and emotional trauma. We know that you never expected an animal to attack, and the wounds can be deep and long-lasting. Our team will help you hold the dog’s owner accountable. You may have a right to demand compensation for your medical bills and related expenses through the homeowners’ insurance. Contact a Wilson dog bite lawyer to discuss the options available to you.
- Workplace injuries – Were you hurt in an accident at work? Did a workplace condition make you ill? If so, your employer should have workers’ compensation insurance to cover your medical expenses and replace lost income. Some employers and their insurance administrators try to dispute workers’ compensation claims. If you are facing that situation, speak with a Wilson workers’ compensation lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., to find out how we can assist you.
When you work with the attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., you will receive attentive service and experienced legal representation. At our firm, we use a state-of-the-art case management system to ensure that every detail of your case is addressed. You deserve to feel at ease with your future. To schedule a free evaluation of your case, contact a Wilson personal injury lawyer today.
Can you file a lawsuit for personal injury in Wilson?
North Carolina has unique laws that state exactly who can file a personal injury lawsuit. These laws include North Carolina’s statute of limitations, as well as pure contributory negligence laws.
North Carolina’s statute of limitations
- A statute of limitations is the time limit that you have to file for a personal injury lawsuit after an injury.
- In North Carolina, the time limit for a personal injury accident is three years.
- This means that, starting from the date of your accident, you have three years to go to civil court and file a personal injury lawsuit.
- You generally cannot pursue a lawsuit for personal injury in Wilson, NC, if you wait too long after the accident to file a claim.
Pure contributory negligence in North Carolina
- North Carolina is one of the few states that determines compensation in a personal injury lawsuit by using the “pure contributory negligence” system.
- This means that if you are even 1% at fault for the accident, you cannot recover compensation against the other party for damages you received during the collision — no matter how reckless or grossly negligent they were.
- That makes the selection of an experienced attorney to represent you all the more critical. Our seasoned attorneys push back against attempts by insurance companies to shift the blame for an accident and avoid liability.
Wilson community resources
At Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., we are committed to providing you with exceptional client care and dedicated legal service. We understand that every personal injury case is unique, and we want you to know that our primary interest is in maintaining your well-being — not just with us, but within your community as well. For a list of public resources that you can access in Wilson, NC, read on.
Wilson Law Enforcement
If you are involved in a car accident in Wilson, one of the following law enforcement agencies my respond to the accident:
Wilson Police Department
120 Goldsboro St. E.
Wilson, NC 27893
Wilson County Sheriff’s Office
100 E. Green St.
Wilson, NC 27894
North Carolina Highway Patrol
1822 Goldsboro St. S.
Wilson, NC 27893
If you are injured in a car accident or other accident, you may be taken to one of the following medical facilities for treatment:
Wilson Medical Center
1705 Tarboro Street
Wilson, NC 27893
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital
111 Hospital Drive
Tarboro, NC 27886
Wilson County Courthouse
If you need to file a personal injury lawsuit, it would be filed with the Clerk of Superior Court’s Office and heard in Wilson County Superior Court.
115 Nash Street E.
Wilson, NC 27893
Let Our Wilson Personal Injury Law Firm Help You
Educating yourself about what you are entitled to expect after a serious injury accident is the best way to move forward. Decisions made following an accident have the potential to affect your life for years to come. Make sure you are armed with the best information possible by scheduling a consultation with a Wilson injury lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks. The consultation is free and can help you gain the insight you need in order to move forward in a positive direction. Give us a call at (800) 811-9495, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form.