Morrisville Personal Injury Attorneys
Are you struggling as a result of a serious injury in a car accident or workplace accident? Are you swamped with medical debt and running into a wall trying to pursue an insurance claim? Are you feeling financial stress? Our experienced Morrisville injury attorneys may be able to help you seek compensation if your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence.
The attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., focus on offering attentive legal service to clients in a comfortable setting. We will review how your injury occurred and discuss your legal rights. If we represent you, we will craft a strategy to help you pursue compensation and move forward. We seek a positive resolution for each client, whether that involves appealing a disputed workers’ compensation claim, negotiating a just injury settlement after a car accident or presenting your case to a Wake County jury. Our legal team includes attorneys who speak Spanish and English, so we can address your questions in the language in which you are most comfortable discussing legal matters.
Whether your accident took place in Morrisville, Cary, Apex, Durham, Raleigh or somewhere else in the Triangle, our experienced injury attorneys are available to review your case and discuss your questions and options. The claim review is free.
What Types of Cases Do Our Morrisville Injury Lawyers Handle?
At Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., our personal injury lawyers represent people in Morrisville who have sustained injuries in serious accidents caused by others’ negligence or disregard for safety. Our Morrisville law firm also helps disabled individuals who have a medically diagnosed disability pursue Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. Our family law attorneys represent individuals who have reached the difficult decision to end a marriage and those facing issues involving child custody, child support, spousal support or other domestic law matters.
- Personal Injury — If you have sustained a serious injury in an accident in Morrisville, the compensation you may seek will depend on a range of factors including the severity of your injuries, whether you contributed to the accident and the amounts of insurance coverage available to pay compensation. The Morrisville personal injury attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., represent accident victims across Wake and Durham counties. If you have been seriously hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or disregard for safety, you should speak with a Morrisville injury lawyer to understand your legal options. A no-obligation meeting with a Morrisville injury attorney will allow you to make decisions with your future in mind based on a clear understanding of your legal options.
- Workers’ Compensation — If you have sustained an injury in the workplace in Morrisville or in the course of performing your job, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is employer-paid insurance that pays for injured employees’ medical care and a portion of lost wages. Most employers in North Carolina are required by law to provide workers’ compensation insurance. An important question that a Morrisville workers’ compensation lawyer can review with you is whether your employment status entitles you to workers’ compensation insurance benefits.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — If you have been seriously injured in a car crash or motorcycle accident, you may have a mountain of medical bills and little or no income to cover your living expenses and pay your bills. If another motorist’s carelessness, inattention or disregard for safety led to your injuries, then you may be entitled to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. If you try to negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company on your own, you will be at a disadvantage. Most people have never had a serious injury before and do not have a framework for determining the fair value of their case. A Morrisville car accident lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., can determine the full value of your losses related to the accident and negotiate with the insurance company for a full settlement. We will take care of the legal issues so that you can focus on your recovery and your family. Let a Morrisville car accident attorney discuss how we can assist you.
- Social Security Disability — The process of seeking Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits can be a frustrating ordeal if you do not have guidance. You may qualify for disability insurance benefits if you have worked enough years in a job covered by Social Security and you have a medically diagnosed disability that complies with the Social Security Administration’s narrow definition of disability. Our Morrisville Social Security Disability lawyers understand the types of medical evidence that claims’ reviewers look for to approve disability benefits. A Morrisville disability benefits lawyer at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., can help you collect evidence, build the strongest case for disability benefits and guide you through the appeals process.
- Family Law — Our attorneys who practice family law focus exclusively on this specialized area of North Carolina law. Our compassionate family law attorneys recognize that you are going through a tough time if you are considering the legal steps of separation and divorce. Many people in the midst of a divorce focus narrowly on one overriding issue such as child support and custody. An experienced Morrisville divorce attorney can help weigh all the legal and financial issues related to ending a marriage and help you stay focused on achieving your long-term goals. We offer trusted guidance based on years of helping people move forward with their lives. Consultations with a Morrisville family law attorney range from $200 to $250 per hour.
- Wrongful Death — If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one, the loss is even harder to take if the accident was caused by someone else’s carelessness, disregard for safety or intentional misconduct. You need legal guidance from a compassionate Morrisville wrongful death lawyer who will listen carefully to you, answer your questions and provide personalized attention. North Carolina law allows certain relatives who are closely related to the person who was killed to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our Morrisville wrongful death attorneys will analyze the facts surrounding your loved one’s death and review your legal options. Based on the specific facts, we will discuss whether you have a legal right to file a wrongful death claim. The goal of a wrongful death lawsuit is to provide compensation after the loss of a close relative such as a spouse or child. We recognize that no amount of money can replace your loved one, but a settlement can cover unexpected medical bills and funeral expenses and help a family find some closure after a painful loss. We take pride in the one-on-one attention we give clients.
Morrisville Court Information
Lawsuits demanding damages for serious personal injuries caused by others’ carelessness or negligence in Morrisville are filed in Wake County Superior Court. Personal injury lawsuits filed by accident victims are civil lawsuits. When the amount of money in dispute in the lawsuit is more than $25,000, the case is heard in Superior Court in North Carolina.
The court’s address is:
Wake County Superior Court Clerk
Wake County Courthouse
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Wake County Family Court handles petitions for divorce, child custody, child support and other domestic law matters for residents of Morrisville, Cary and other Wake County cities and towns.
A division of the Wake County District Court, the Family Court is on the 11th floor of the Wake County Courthouse. The Wake County Family Court is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The address is:
Family Court Administrator
Wake County Courthouse, 11th Floor
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Morrisville Worker’s Comp Attorney
If you sustained a serious injury in a workplace accident in Morrisville, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance should pay for your medical treatment and provide weekly cash assistance to replace a portion of your lost income while you are unable to work.
Most businesses in North Carolina are required by law to have workers’ compensation insurance. If you have questions about whether your employer is among the businesses not required to have workers’ compensation, then you can use our simple tool to access the Industrial Commission’s database and look up the business. You can determine whether your employer is required to have workers’ compensation insurance. If you have been told that you do not qualify for injury benefits due to your job status or that your request for benefits has been denied, then you should discuss the situation with a Morrisville workers’ comp attorney. A no-obligation consultation with a Morrisville workers’ comp lawyer can help you clarify your legal options and the benefits that you have a right to claim.
Many workers in Morrisville, Cary and Apex who have on-the-job injuries have disputes with the employer or the insurance administrator when they seek worker’s compensation benefits.
There are multiple steps to appealing a denied workers’ comp claim. The process involves gathering medical evidence, filing paperwork with the N.C. Industrial Commission, which handles workers’ compensation cases, keeping track of deadlines and attending a hearing before a judge. Appealing a disputed workers’ comp claim in North Carolina requires a dedicated lawyer who knows the appeal process and understands the type of medical evidence needed to support a successful claim.
North Carolina Attorneys On Your Side
Our attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., have a strong record of helping injured workers in Morrisville, Cary, Apex and across the Triangle. Attorneys Robert C. “Chip” Younce Jr. and David E. Vtipil are board-certified specialists in North Carolina workers’ compensation law. Attaining the specialist designation requires additional education and passing a test in this area of law. Only a small portion of attorneys in North Carolina are board certified as workers’ compensation specialists.
We are ready to use our experience and knowledge of North Carolina workers’ compensation law to help you if you have been injured in a workplace accident in Morrisville. Contact a Morrisville workers’ comp attorney at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A., for a no-obligation claim review and discussion of your legal options.