History of Success
We successfully secured benefits for a technician at General Electric who developed contact dermatitus and, as a result, was unable to work. General Electric denied the claim even though they conceded it was unquestionably a result of his employment with General Electric. The North Carolina Court of Appeals affirmed the award of benefits for the employee. – Hawkins v. General Electric Company.
Employee was denied benefits for his knee and leg injuries after an on-the-job auto collision. The firm was able to secure medical benefits and on-going wage benefits. – Frederici v. Skansa.
The taxi cab company that employee worked for tried to argue that he was an independent contractor when he was injured in an auto collision while on the job. The North Carolina Court of Appeals affirmed the award of benefits for the employee. – Mills v. Triangle Yellow Transit.
The temporary agency denied the employee’s shoulder injury and argued that the employee refused suitable employment. The Full Commission of the North Carolina Industrial Commission awarded benefits to the employee. – Gutierrez v. Coast Personnel Services.
A crime scene investigator’s claim for continuing low back treatment and wage loss was denied. The firm successfully secured him compensation when the North Carolina Court of Appeals affirmed the award of benefits. – Colvin v. Wake County.
- Represented clients in Fen-Phen litigation that involved diets pills that caused heart problems.
- Resolved claims for clients who took Zyprexa medication which caused clients to develop diabetes.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action that involved the drowning of their young son at a summer camp without adequate life guard staffing.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action that involved the grandmother’s death as she walked down a sidewalk and was struck by a drunk driver.
- Represented a spouse in a wrongful death action that involved the death of his wife in disputed auto accident.
- Represented a family of an infant in a wrongful death action where there was inadequate care at pre-school nursery.
- Represented the estates of a mother and son killed in an auto accident where the driver kidnapped them and eluded the police.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action involving the death of their son in a fire at a rental property without adequate smoke detectors and alarms.
Disclaimer: Cases or matters referenced do not represent the law firm’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results. Get a Consultation Now