Who needs to be examined for exposure?

Individuals exposed to asbestos on the job, through their home, during their military service or through a family member, should be contact a physician regarding their asbestos exposure. A physical examination, including chest x-ray and pulmonary function tests of the lungs may be recommended to determine markers of asbestos exposure.

About the Author