Drivers in Raleigh must take reasonable measures to avoid injuring pedestrians. When they fail to do so, and you are injured as a result, you could be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost pay, pain, suffering, and other losses.
As experienced personal injury attorneys, we know that pedestrian accidents can result in devastating injuries, disability, or loss of life. Insurance companies for the at-fault motorist are not on your side, but we are. The Raleigh pedestrian accident lawyers of Younce Vtipil Baznik & Banks are ready to fight to protect your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Before you talk to an insurance adjuster, contact the Raleigh pedestrian accident attorneys at Younce Vtipil Baznik & Banks. We want you to focus on healing from your injuries while we pursue financial recovery and justice. The consultation is completely free and confidential.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in North Carolina
Your health is the top priority after any kind of pedestrian accident. If you have not seen a healthcare provider, please do so immediately. Some injuries take time for symptoms to develop, and delaying medical care might create a more severe condition. Insurance companies will also try to devalue a claim if there is a gap in treatment.
Here are other actions to take after a pedestrian accident in Raleigh:
- Follow through with your doctor and attend all appointments and sessions as prescribed.
- Keep copies of your medical bills, test results, hospital invoices, prescription costs, and other proof of your injuries and medical treatment.
- Start a post-accident journal, noting your daily pain levels and what you remember before, during, and after the accident.
- Gather evidence and documents, such as a copy of the police report, names and phone numbers of potential witnesses, and photos of your injuries.
- Avoid talking to the insurance adjuster or accepting any insurance money until you can consult with an attorney.
- Contact our dedicated Raleigh pedestrian injury lawyers who can protect your rights and negotiate with the insurance company.