What To Do After a Rideshare Accident
Determining liability after a rideshare accident and which insurance policy applies can be complex. If you have suffered injuries in an accident involving a rideshare service, here are some steps you should take:
- Get contact information: Get the name of the rideshare driver, the driver’s insurance information, and the name of the company that employs the driver.
- Document everything: Take pictures or videos of the accident scene and all damaged property. The photos may provide helpful evidence.
- Take notes: Keep a log of all conversations with the other driver, the rideshare company, and any other relevant parties.
- Seek medical attention: A doctor can examine you and provide a diagnosis, along with a treatment plan. Stick to the treatment plan. Don’t miss any follow-up appointments. Insurance companies view gaps in treatment as an excuse to reduce or deny claims.
- Report the accident: After a rideshare accident, you’ll need to report the accident to whatever rideshare service you were using. For Uber accidents, file a report here. For Lyft accidents, file the incident report here.
- Lost income: If you are going to miss work as a result of your injuries, get a note from your doctor that your attorney can use to prove your lost income.
- Maintain a pain and treatment journal: Document all your medical treatment, the extent to which your injuries affect your ability to perform your usual routines, and any level of pain you experience every day. This journal could be useful to help prove the extent of your injuries.
- Speak With a Lawyer: After an accident involving a rideshare service, speak with a knowledgeable accident attorney who can review your case and guide you through the rideshare accident claim process.
Why Choose Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A. To Deal with A Rideshare Accident?
When it comes to finding an attorney to handle a rideshare accident, it is crucial to choose a firm with experience handling rideshare accident claims in North Carolina. The personal injury lawyers at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A. are experienced when it comes to standing up for people injured in rideshare accidents.
Our legal team has recovered many favorable settlements on behalf of clients throughout North Carolina. We understand that dealing with an accident and insurance companies can be stressful. We strive to provide you with a stress-free legal process.
With over a century of combined experience, the attorneys at Younce, Vtipil, Baznik & Banks, P.A. are committed to providing excellent and compassionate service to each client. We have staff members who are fluent in English and Spanish.