Is there a special format for reports or complaints?
No, but you should include all of the following information with your complaint:
- Name, address, and telephone.
- Your relationship to the resident in the nursing home.
- The resident’s full name and reason that he/she is in the home.
- Times and dates that you observed the problems.
- Names of staff who may be involved, including those that you have spoken to about your concerns.
- Any medical records relating to the abuse or an autopsy if death occurred.