We are taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Click here to find out what our firm is doing.
Free Injury ConsultationCall for family law consultation rates
(800) 811-9495(919) 661-9000Español
Español Tap to Call(800) 811-9495

What must an employee do when an injury occurs?

Report the injury to the employer, in writing, immediately and no later than 30 days. Print out a Form 18, fill it out, sign it, and make two copies. Mail the original Form 18 to:

N.C. Industrial Commission
Statistics Section
4334 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4334

Mail the first copy of Form 18 to your employer by certified mail, return receipt requested, and keep the receipt. This will be your proof of mailing. Keep the second copy of this Form 18 for your file.

About the Author

Awards & Memberships