David E. Vtipil was born on November 5, 1966 in Hopewell, Virginia. He grew up in rural Virginia where his father worked for Allied Chemical and his mother worked as a magistrate. As a child, he would often go the courthouse where his mother worked and watch legal proceedings. It was through this experience that he developed his interest in the law.
He attended college at Wake Forest University where he graduated in 1989 cum laude with Honors in History. He spent a year working at a law firm in Virginia before making his final decision to attend law school. He met his wife on the first day of classes at Campbell Law School and they were married a year later in 1991. While at Campbell, he was awarded the Olde Kivett Trial Advocacy Award.
Upon graduating in 1993, David began practicing as a plaintiff’s lawyer representing persons injured as the result of someone else’s negligence. His first job was working with Chip Younce. Together, they have forged a law firm based on top notch service to their clients. David focuses his practice on auto accidents, social security disability claims, and workers’ compensation claims. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, Wake County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. Martindale-Hubbell, a prestigious legal publisher, rated David “high to very high” on legal ability and “very high” in ethical standards.
See More Testimonials
I personally think David, Karen, and the rest of the staff that helped me were great!!! I appreciate the responsiveness to my e-mails which allowed for quick turn of questions that I had. I know everyone is busy with so many different clients, so even though the voice may not be at the end of the phone line, the e-mails were the greatest, along with David Vtipil’s expertise.
about Sharon D.
Date published: 04/11/2014
5 / 5 stars
Representative Sample of Cases Successfully Resolved
- Represented clients in Fen-Phen litigation that involved diets pills that caused heart problems.
- Resolved claims for clients who took Zyprexa medication which caused clients to develop diabetes.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action that involved the drowning of their young son at a summer camp without adequate life guard staffing.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action that involved the grandmother’s death as she walked down a sidewalk and was struck by a drunk driver.
- Represented a spouse in a wrongful death action that involved the death of his wife in disputed auto accident.
- Represented a family of an infant in a wrongful death action where there was inadequate care at pre-school nursery.
- Represented the estates of a mother and son killed in an auto accident where the driver kidnapped them and eluded the police.
- Represented a family in a wrongful death action involving the death of their son in a fire at a rental property without adequate smoke detectors and alarms.
- Represented an injured worker who was wrongfully denied his compensation benefits including his need for back surgery.
- Represented an injured worker who was denied neck surgery and successfully fought to require the insurance company to pay for it.